Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kings Mountian rep w/Leno

2 posters

Go down

Kings Mountian rep w/Leno Empty Kings Mountian rep w/Leno

Post  Gomez85 Wed 03 Dec 2008, 8:03 pm

Jay's Garage with a rep from IMC Click:HERE

Please leave your comments on this, what do you think about the KM Indian?
Gomez85
Gomez85

Back to top Go down

Kings Mountian rep w/Leno Empty Kings Mountain

Post  Micmac Wed 14 Jan 2009, 1:20 pm

In response to the Kings Mountain Indian. I really hope they make it. I would love to have our company (I am not an snob who subscribes to the 1901-1953 (4) B.S. And yes, I own a 1947 Chief, and a 2002 Chief. I have visited the factory and went on a tour as a guest of the management this spring. They have a world-class operation and build the bikes individually, not the scatter-shot Gilroy, get em out the door philosiphy. The people there are committed to the brand, and restoring it back to it's rightful place in the motorcycle world. In regards to the dealership network, they are taking their time and doing it right, and despite what some may think, LA is not the center of the universe. I have been to dealership openings in Charlotte (Lowell) North Carolina and Pudacah, Kentucky. The attitude of the staff is outstanding. That being said, is it realistic to launch an operation in this economy with a price tag of 30-40 K per unit? Only time will tell. My education is not in marketing, nor business. Will I buy a new one? With retirement looming, and a son entering into a PhD program next year, and the "shock and awe" I experience when opening my 401 statements as of late, it is doubtful I will buy a new one anytime soon. I will buy a used one (King's Mountain) sometime in the future to complete my collection. I hope that they stay around a long time. The capitol invested is private money, not stocks, in other words the have a vested interested interest in achieving success. It is their money. I'm glad to have stumbled on to the forum, I have met Mike several times and am married to a Kiwi girl myself!
Micmac
Micmac

Back to top Go down

Kings Mountian rep w/Leno Empty Re: Kings Mountian rep w/Leno

Post  Gomez85 Thu 15 Jan 2009, 4:54 am

MicMac, very well stated. I have seen your posts on Huze's blogs among others and you've always seemed to keep your wits about you. We'll do the wait and see on KM, I do wish them luck, as any new company will need it in these times.
I assume the Mike you mentioned is from Kiwi, I met him at our local AMCA meet here in the Quad Cities, and of course, Kiwi Indian is kind enough to help us host this site for now. My friend Ronnie and I are working on getting our forum on our own server and really get this site going.

Frank
Gomez85
Gomez85

Back to top Go down

Post  Micmac Thu 15 Jan 2009, 10:20 am

Thank you for your kind words Frank,
I am at Davenport every year, I'm thinking about hitting Rhinebeck this year as well or instead of. I will try and be a regular here. Let me know what I can do to help. I am all about Indian, always have been-always will be. My wife does have a Buell Blast pig but it's hers. I don't seperate the era's in as far as the company is concerned, I do however recognise them for what they are, keeping the legend alive in some fashion. I have been to all 3 of the factory sites (Springfield, Gilroy and King's Mountain) I just re-visited Springfield in November to see the bikes in the museum since Ms. Mathos donated the bikes to the city. They were just getting it going and the entire stable will be on display in October of this year. I am contemplating taking my 2002 Chief to the dealership in Lowell,NC for service just to experience it as I live in Greensboro, NC. I always have done all the service myself, but just once it would be nice to try it. Also, they sent me a 25% off coupon bounce . I will say my heart is my 1947 though.
Micmac
Micmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down