Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

clutch for 2001 indian scout

3 posters

Go down

clutch for 2001 indian scout Empty clutch for 2001 indian scout

Post  keefer Mon 13 Apr 2009, 6:56 pm

has anyone heard about modern indian(rivera/primo) clutches needing shims when the diaphragm springs wears out. the manual that i bought says to do it but it seems to be an inaccurate manual. The mechanic at the dealership said he had never heard of such a thing. anyone know anything about this. I really dont want to have to buy a whole new clutch set up because its about 600 dollars!

keefer

Back to top Go down

clutch for 2001 indian scout Empty Re: clutch for 2001 indian scout

Post  Gomez85 Tue 14 Apr 2009, 5:12 pm

I'm not an expert on these models, but a source says you would need to use the shims if the diaphram is worn, not the springs. Since the hub is aluminum, there is a good chance that you may have some extra wear there too. Any other suggestions out there?? Micmac? Very Happy
Gomez85
Gomez85

Back to top Go down

Post  Micmac Tue 28 Jul 2009, 10:45 pm

Sorry I have not been on here in quite awhile. I have spent the last 3 months with my Mom who was terminally ill and went to her reward on July 06. I don't know much about the scouts except that they basically can use most of the same parts as an early soft tail (84-99?). I did not buy an S&S CHief because I wanted one with the Indian engine Embarassed and got my 02. I would ask on either of these forums as there are more folks skilled in those bikes on there.

http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/splash.html

http://www.crazyhorsemotorcycles.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&nav=lv&CODE=show&searchid=c668ad73843efb559cb9bf2d2dc4c51f&search_in=topics&result_type=topics&lastdate=0

I hope this belated info helps.
Micmac
Micmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down