Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

47 Chief developed a whine/whistle coming from somewhere?? Help

3 posters

Go down

47 Chief developed a whine/whistle coming from somewhere?? Help Empty 47 Chief developed a whine/whistle coming from somewhere?? Help

Post  dynamic78 Sun 02 Aug 2009, 6:58 pm

Rode my 47 Chief yesterday and all was good. Took it out today and now I have a strange whining that I think is coming from the Clutch side but not sure. It almost sounds like a whistling that is pretty load over 20 mph. At idle and easy on the gas to 20mph in all gears you dont here it. Wondering if its a bearing or maybe the clutch. Even in neutral, I can rev it and it whistles. Ideas???

dynamic78

Back to top Go down

47 Chief developed a whine/whistle coming from somewhere?? Help Empty Re: 47 Chief developed a whine/whistle coming from somewhere?? Help

Post  Gomez85 Mon 03 Aug 2009, 12:09 am

Does it make the same noise with the clutch engaged as disengaged? Throw out bearing is possible...what part of the country are you from?? This sounds like a problem that needs to be hands on. I will ask some of my "expert" riding buds Laughing , actually a friends has a shop that specializes in vintage HDs and Indians, and I'll get back to you.

Frank
Gomez85
Gomez85

Back to top Go down

47 Chief developed a whine/whistle coming from somewhere?? Help Empty Chesse with that Whine?

Post  Tbone Wed 25 Nov 2009, 4:12 pm

Hi Dynamic, Be sure and check the oil level in Primary and the Chain adjustment also. Cheers ~T~

Tbone

Back to top Go down

47 Chief developed a whine/whistle coming from somewhere?? Help Empty Re: 47 Chief developed a whine/whistle coming from somewhere?? Help

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down